By J Mikel Sacher, The Canine Curator
Founder and Creator of FUR by J Mikel Products
Halloween is a fun holiday to dress the dog and wag some fun. But not all pups understand why the door bell keeps ringing and the door is opening and closing without the normal rituals.
- Keep them in a room away from all the "action"
- Get them nutritious snacks, I like Carrot Sticks to keep the Festive Witch Orange Howling.so they feel the act of indulgence while you eat your 8th Twix bar.
- Keep chocolates and wrappers where your puppy can't accidentally rummage
- Make sure the woofers are happy and kept at distance from kids on crack aka sugar!
- If your dog does get into trouble - call / text Dr. Bressler for Doggie 911 (631.255.8556)
- Keep puppy parties to daytime and between meals so dogs stay on their schedules
- Provide lots of clean water
- Use Flexi Leash when outdoors so you are aware of your dogs activity but not tied to them
- Themes are so easy to follow - just unleash your inner Martha and pick a color and activities so that the fun has some organization.