Fur Finds For The Fabulous: This is the blog of my on-going Search for high profile things for the Fur Set

Friday, May 21, 2010

GETTING REAL WITH ACTOR TAYE DIGGS


TAYE DIGGS & HIS CANINE COUNTERPART SAMMY DAVIS JR
AT THE REAL DOGS EAT MEAT HANDBOOK BY ALPO

Dogs become such a huge part of our lives and when great actors take time to bark about their love of dogs in the Meat Packing District in NYC - everyone is gonna come to play! Many of the "Paw-thors" and NY celebri-pups clamored for their red carpet invite to attend the reading hosted by Alpo. I had the pleasure of interviewing Taye Diggs after he hosted a book-reading event for dog. If you missed it, look on www.alporealdogs.com to see the event, which they filmed!

Owners and dogs all wanted to take an extra side order of Taye and his super sassy dog Sammy Davis Jr with their meat! The crowd loved interacting with Taye and learning about he and his wife Idina Menzel are major animal lovers while they listed to charming vignettes about various dogs and their activities. Sammy Davis Jr. was such a charmer he did tricks, jumped in my lap during the interview and planted some very serious dog smooches on me!

I asked Taye why he was doing the event and he said, "He just thought it would be fun" and he was really intrigued by the message of how dogs should be dogs. Taye also discussed with me how he is amazed and disappointed by how many celebrities will dress up their dogs like accessories and not even realize the dogs’ needs. Most dogs are apt to want to take a hike in Runyon Canyon Dog Park or just collect sticks in Central Park than wear clothing, perfumes and feathers.

I am a huge fan of both Taye and his Idina and now I consider myself a huge fan of Sammy Davis Jr and hope to see him on GLEE or Private Practice with his parents.

I had to ask him one last question if I could steal Sammy. Many of you might know that I have my dog Zak because my Dad randomly asked a woman for her gorgeous Westie, so I could not resist asking! Taye gave his famous and giggled and I thanked him for his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you FUR following us. Please look at our product website.www.furbyjmikel.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails